Saturday 28 January 2017

Web swinging with Spidey

Last night I saw one shot done by Vernard Buce on his Facebook account with his mini plane and car. I asked him the behind the scenes so I could also try it today using my all-time favorite Marvel Legend figure, The Amazing Spider-Man! Unfortunately it's not the Pizza Spidey but this one is from the TASM 2 movie figure. Despite its eyesore waist problem I'm still digging this figure and I often use this as my subject in toy photography.




To get it started, I search first for a city with buildings that will served as my background. Then after deciding what to use, posing is next. What I love about toys is that you can pose any way you wanted to it's all up to your creativity to make it look nice and swag. 




I used blue tack to put Spidey in a gunpla stand so he can sustain the acrobatic pose that I did with his left hand in the front and ready to shoot his web. Last step is photo manipulation in Adobe Photoshop. I admit that I'm not fond of editing toy photos but tested it out and might as well improve my skills so I can create wonderful composite photos in the future. 

Here is the final output of the photo and I added web to make it look more realistic. Editing or post processing is one of the major fundamentals in photography and it might help bring out the potential of an ordinary photo. 


Follow me on instagram for more toy photography and art works @therenzoneproject


No comments:

Post a Comment