Thursday 8 August 2013

Turtles in a half shell, Turtle Power!

As I have said on my previous post, I love to read comics and I'm very critical in choosing what to read because I'm looking on the art first. Right now there's a comic book that I'm currently following and I admit the book is fool of awesomeness. Wanna know what it is? Ninjas! Shell Power! and Cowabunga! It's the IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!


Beginning in August 2011, it is the first new comic version of the turtles to debut since the franchise was sold to Nickelodeon in October 2009. The initial creative team consisted of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman, who collaborated on the plot and the page layouts; Tom Waltz, who scripted the series; and artist Dan Duncan. Honestly speaking, I love how Dan Duncan do his work here. Strokes are fine and simple yet every page of the book gives a thrill and excitement.

There's a slight changes from the original story. In this book, Splinter and the turtles are the incarnations of their past life. Oroku Saki killed them and they were reborn in different bodies. They also introduced a new character, Old Hob. They also change the origin of April, Krang and Casey Jones. Notably, the series, like the original Mirage version, initially gives all four Turtles red eye masks until issue #5, where Splinter gives Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo their well-known blue, purple and orange masks, after Raphael was found.

The comic book series is still on going and currently have 23 issues as of June 2013. Personally I've been a fan of these turtles since childhood. From the classic cartoons, live action movies, animated series and comics, these turtles never get tired to give jam packed actions that are truly one of my interest. I recommend you guys to read this and have some taste of new turtles in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment