Saturday 10 August 2013

Wolverine is the best there is!

Wolverine is my favorite superhero from Marvel and since I was a kid I follow his comics, animated show, movies and other stuff. He first appeared on the last panel of Incredible Hulk #180 and his first full appearance was on Incredible Hulk #181 (cover-dated Nov. 1974). He was created by writer Len Wein and Marvel art director John Romita, Sr., who designed the character, and was first drawn for publication by Herb Trimpe. Then years after, Wolverine joins the X-men wherein writer Chris Claremont and artist-writer John Byrne would play significant roles in the character's development in the future. Frank Miller also helped Claremont to develop more the character of Wolverine by collaborating in a four part limited series wherein the famous Wolverine's catchphrase, "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice," debuted.
Art by Dave Wilkins


His main power is his healing factor that makes him near invulnerable and can heal from any types of injuries and his famous retractable bone claws that can slash anything ( I guess so) due to Weapon X program that laced Adamantium in his bones (Yikes). I don't know why but his costume always catches my attention. He looks like two Batman hahaha but that costume give angst and excitement in my veins whenever I see it. One thing that I like about this character was his attitude. He's not the typical hero that you can see in the comics. He's more on being an anti-hero and that characteristics paved its way and then he earns the title, most favorite X-men. He's a master of all forms of martial arts and is experienced in virtually every fighting style on Earth. I like it when he go berserk ( chillin and killin). He is also knowledgeable about many things due to his increased life span wherein he traveled around the world and learned different things in each place. Wolverine is frequently depicted as a gruff loner, often taking leave from the X-Men to deal with personal issues or problems. He is often irreverent and rebellious towards authority figures, though he is a reliable ally and capable leader ( Wolverine and the X-men).

So to give you more info., I would to share this infograph from comixology.com


No comments:

Post a Comment