Tuesday 9 July 2013

Comics!!!

Did you know the words “KABOOM”, “KAPOW”, “ZOOOOOOOM!”, “SHAZAM!”, “FLY!”, “UP UP AND AWAY WEB” or the lines like “it’s a bird it’s a plane no it’s SUPERMAN!” or “with great power comes with great responsibility.”? All of this famous line comes from small pieces of paper called “Comic book”. So what is a comic book? A book with Illustrations? Panels? Speech Bubbles? I guess not. Comics are seen differently in everyone’s eyes and it’s up to us how we personalize it. 


Today's generation of people tend to spend their time looking and touching their own smart phones. I even saw kids have their own touch screen apparatus. For me I find it odd but I have to face it that "change is inevitable". Way back from my childhood days, every time I'm free I always read comics. So what am I pointing out? I'm proud to say that I have an awesome childhood. Growing up with my favorite comic book super heroes like Wolverine, Spider-man , Captain America and etc. I remember my mom used to buy me comics whenever she go to malls and tears of joy comes out from my eyes way back then hahaha




Going back to the purpose of this blog which is about art uhmmm YES! Comic book is an art, an art that transport in other world. One of the most important thing comic has done for me is it is my own way how I relieve my stress. Most probably reading comic book is my withdrawal reaction whenever I’m experiencing stress. Comics provide it each week with many titles to choose from. From ten to twenty minutes I am transported into a fantasy world dealing with its own problem and how the protagonist of the story solves the problem by the next issue or the end of the issue. Comic book are consider to be a literature but not as much like Shakespeare or even today’s must read novel like Harry potter or Twilight. And lastly Comic book inspires me that in every problem there is a solution. The crisis in our life might not end today but maybe if we pursue it will end the other day. Just like in comic book there is always the word to be continued or the end. It taught me how to hope, not to a super hero but to hope and trust to myself and to God the true hero.




I know I am no super hero. I’m just an average teenager, comic book guy, but I still do my part to make my life worth living. Comic books are my form of escape from a real harsh life that I face every day and get the greatest joy from reading it. So grab your own comic book read it and you will know what I feel whenever I'm reading it.




No comments:

Post a Comment