Monday 22 July 2013

Geometric Art


Way back when I was a child, every time me and my parents go to the church I always look at the glass windows. Why? Church mirror are quite bit artistic. They used geometric art that is one of my favorite kind of art. Geometric abstraction is a form of abstract art based on the use of geometric forms sometimes, though not always, placed in non-illusionistic space and combined into non-objective (non-representational) compositions. 

It gives us some kind of hypnotic spell whenever you look at them. Some says that it might function as a solution to problems concerning the need for modernist painting to reject the illusionistic practices of the past while addressing the inherently two dimensional nature of the picture plane as well as the canvas functioning as its support.

Tho I'm not that familiar with the theories and concept regarding geometric art, I would like to share some examples of geometric art that captures my attention

Art by Eric Dufresne







I haven't done this kind of work but I would be happy if ever I manage to do this kind of awesome art. Why don't you try and share it to us :)

(source: wikipedia.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment